CVCA 2010 Conference a Record Breaking Success! (Come and check out the video blog)
This is a repost from the amazing video-blogger Kristina Tomaz-Young of Venture Cap TV
Welcome to our THREE part video cast series of the Canadian Venture Capital 2010 Conference. And, what an event it was! Check out the must see videos below, here for the link to file of all speaker bios and here for the link to the picture gallery.
Prominent leaders from the private equity and venture capital community participated in record breaking attendance! It’s speaks much to the energy that the CVCA passionately commits to the industry.
Sleeves were rolled up, ideas were churning….you could literally feel the exciting energy pulsating throughout the crowd at the panel discussions and in the hallways. Lessons & opportunities were shared, valuable contacts were made, and fun was also most definitely had at the evening gala with their Entrepreneur of the Year Award and the hilarious Rick Mercer show, not to mention the Scotch tasting event and great mingling!
This year’s theme was Driving Innovation. And we were privileged to learn from impressive keynote speakers like Glenn Hutchins co-founder and co-CEO of Silver Lake and red carpet panelists including Jacques Bernier (Managing Partner of Teralys Capital), Chris Albinson (Managing Director of Panorama Capital & co-founder of the C100), Paul V. Lee (Managing General Partner of Vanedge Capital and so many more who shared their perspectives and sector possibilities to explore. If you’d like a full line up of the presenters and their bios, please click here. Conference Chair David Adderley of Celtic House Venture Partners and his organizing committee certainly put on an unforgettable, valuable conference for the private equity and venture capital community.
So if you’re raring to go…come check out:
- Part 1 features Day 1, Part 1 where we’ll meet brilliant, innovative thinking venture capitalist and conference Chair David Adderley who shares a great recap of this incredible event as well as one of the CVCA’s highly valued sponsors, the eloquent Ann Bowman of RBC.
- Part 2 features the rest of Day 1. Come here what Chris Albinson (Panorama Capital) and KenKen Cheveldayoff (a Ministry of Enterprise at the time of the event) have to say about what our Canadian companies do very well, what we need to fix and our opportunities here and abroad.
- Part 3 covers Day 2 looking at innovative ways to approach new markets globally, what the future holds and breeding success with entrepreneurs. Check out our interview with Jacques Bernier (Teralys Capital) about rebooting our system to be the best, what we do right and what we need to improve. We also had a chance to meet up with Paul V. Lee (Vanedge Capital) who spoke to us about the closing of his exciting new fund and the exciting opportunities available.
- And for those of you who’d like access to Jacques’ reboot analogy, for an entertaining depiction of our industry scenario! Ah, yes, it’s never boring with Jacques!
Before we dash, a few words of thanks for the accomplishments, kindness and generosity of our colleages..so:
- Thank you to Richard Remillard (CVCA Executive Director), Lauren Linton (CVCA Marketing Director), the CVCA team and the conference Chair David Adderley for an outstanding event.
- A big thank you to all our featured guests for taking the time to share their rich advice and experiences.
- A special thank you Christian Zabbal of Black Coral Capital for opening doors and encouragement ever since vc-tv was a spark in my eye!
- Un gros merci beaucoup to the energetic, brilliant Chris Arsenault of iNovia Capital the CVCA’s 2008 Conference Chair (which was also a record breaker!) for being a relentless, passionate champion for the venture capital/start-up community and growing eco-system. We’re privileged to have you at the helm with your fellow leaders.
- Thank you to the video production start-up company FFwd Films for your talent and delivering on your promise to produce a professional product. Challenges, obstacles and extraordinary circumstances & all, we kept on going and we did it!!!
- Much gratitude to Embrace and your wonderful fellow sponsors for your kind sponsorship and valuable support.
And, thank YOU for visiting VC-TV. Come back again real soon!
(*Please note that out video casts are normally posted very soon after each event or interview. This was the first time we were delayed. We’re a start-up, and like many start-ups, we ran into some start-up challenges. But, solutions were actively sought, situations were co-operatively resolved, and we’re so pleased to share our coverage of the event with you. And this time, rather than one videocast released at a time, here’s all three! We hope you enjoy them!)